Fire Engineering and Industrial Safety as a career option is fast catching up with the students in India. Whereas in abroad Fire Engineering and Industrial Safety is an integral part of most of university programs Introduction of Fire Engineering and Industrial Safety courses is infact an index of industrial growth.
Eligibility : 50 % marks in 10+2 Science. (Med / Non Medical)
Advantages of BSc (FS&HM) over Normal BSc ( Chemistry / Physics / Maths / Bio etc) This is a professional degree compared to normal BSc Degree. Students can also appear for Government jobs entrance exams like UPSC Civil Services (IPS/IAS), State Civil Services (SDM) CGL Grade II ( Customs / Excise / Income tax / MEA / CBI Etc) Combined Defence Services (Army / Air-force / Navy) and many more state or central government posts as the basic qualification required is Graduation ( BA / BCOM / BSc / BE/ B Tech / MBBS Etc) as BSc degree in Fire Safety and Hazard Management is UGC Approved, recognized by Govt of India. 10 + 2 Science students in the first year are admitted to Diploma in Industrial Safety course which is equal to First Year BSc ( FS&HM).
They are Eligible for employment after Diploma in Industrial Safety, in industries / MNC’s / Govt Sector as Safety Assistant or Supervisor. Along with their job, they can still pursue their BSc in the evening batch as NAFS Degree College also have evening classes for BSc SY and TY Students (8 PM to 10 PM).
By the time their degree is complete, they already have 2 years of Job Experience in the field of safety after Diploma in Industrial Safety Course, this makes them eligible to join as Competent Safety Officer in India as well as abroad. A per Government of India, Fire and Industrial Safety Regulations, Every Industry, Factory, Mall, Hospital, Airport or other commercial establishment including High-rise Buildings must have at least two dedicated Safety personnel. This rule insures the employment of Safety Personnel and secures their future. This is a new stream of education which has recently gained higher status as this was before a certificate level course. The job of the safety officer is not to fight fire like the fire brigade, but to determine work procedures in work places and implement safety to the extent so that a fire does not take place.
The course will last approximately 3 hours and can be delivered at your own premises. The advanced version of the same course is con- ducted at Dombivli campus of NAFS, which is a full day course, where in candidates are also given first hand feel of fire - smoke scenario and trained to don SCBA set, and also demonstrated technique to save a life.
1. Fire Science - Identifies the various components required to create fire and encourages the delegates to realize the importance of the tetrahedron in preventing and extinguishing fire.
2. Fire Prevention - Identifies typical fire hazard situations and unsafe practices that may lead to a fire or prevent people escaping in the event of a fire.This element is demonstrated using photo- graphic / chart material.
3. Fire Protection - Identifies typical fire safety facilities such as esc- ape routes, fire resisting doors, fire alarms, emergency lighting and extinguishers. Once again, this aspect is demonstrated using photographic / and feel of actual material.
4.Action in case of fire - Identifies the action to be taken upon disc- overing a fire and the action to be taken when hearing the fire alarm.
Based on the learning patterns in western schools and colleges, where
every child is practically trained in school to handle fire emergency
and render first aid to those in need. Recently the Hon’able Supreme
Court of India has recommended that safety training needs to be a
part of the school curriculum and has asked the State and Central
Education Boards to incorporate the same.
Every Participant above 14 years old shall extinguish live fires using different types of Fire Extinguishers and will be made to pass through a smoke chamber twice to understand the escape procedures.
Do’s and Don’ts in case of any emergency.
- Amendment in law for Good Samaritans.
- Every participant shall handle Charged Fire Hose and Change Nozzle
-spray to jet. - Knowledge of Fundamental and Constitutional Rights.
- Functional procedure of Judiciary, Police & Administration system and its hierarchy.
– The IPC and CrPc code for the Juvenile, General Offences and their description.
– Basic Practices and Tricks of Self Defence for children, especially girl child.
This course is specifically designed for employees of factories,industries
taking into account the requirements of the safety procedures.
The students of Technical institutes and ITI are made to practice drill procedures as per Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Theory and Classes of Fire Extinguishing Mediums and Fire Prevention - Details of Emergency Response Plans, Understanding and Execution.
- Precautions, procedures and checklist for Hot Work Permit.
- Extinguish Fire by Fire Extinguishers and Fixed Fire Fighting Systems.
- Render First Aid to those injured until external Medical Team arrives.
- Search and Rescue drills in smoke chamber under live fire conditions.
- How to combat fire and medical emergencies.
- Accident reporting and investigating procedure.
- Do’s & Don’ts in Various Emergency Situations.
After the Taj Hotel Terrorist attack and subsequent Fire Disaster there
was a need to implement fire safety and security measures and train
the employees accordingly.
Objectives: Employees should be able to:
- Describe the emergency procedures for their hotel in case of fire.
- Identify common fire hazards and how to prevent them and actions on sighting a fire.
- Demonstrate the correct way to assist in guest evacuation.
- To use portable and fixed fire systems to restrict, confine and extinguish a fire.
- Escape out of Smoke filled spaces. If trapped, create an area of refuge.
- Outline general procedures on security breech and subsequent actions.
This course is structured & conducted taking into account the fire safety facilities available at the production unit of the client and considering the associated hazards to the specific requierments of the Oil, Gas & Chemical and other associated industries in terms of Fire Safety and First Aid.
The duration of and depth of this course is as per required by the client and generally extends from 2 to 5 days. The general areas covered ae the maintainance and operation of fixed and portable fire and alarm systems, developing ERP, conduct fire and search rescue drills using breathing apparaus, Chemistry of Fire including exothermic reactions, stowage and segregation requierments of fuel. Extinguishing different classes of fire using fixed and portable systems, handling multiple fire of different classes. Action by attack and support teams, reporting procedures.